Below is the latest information from Somerville Primary School on Covid-19:
What is Coronavirus?
During these times, it may be difficult for some of our children to understand Coronavirus and the impact it is having on them. The following videos explain this to children and may answer some questions they may have. Stay safe
How do you book a test?
Anyone who has symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) can ask for a free test to check if they have the virus. This is called an antigen test.
This test can be booked online via the NHS website:
School Timings January 2023
From 4th January 2023, the school day will begin at 8:30 am for all. (Doors open at 8:25am)
Dismissal time will be at 3:30pm (Mon- Thurs)
Reception - (same entrance)
Year 1 - (same entrance)
Year 2 - (Second gate, Somerville Road)
Year 3 - (entrance near Swanage Road)
Year 4 - (entrance near Swanage Road)
Year 5 - (middle entrance, car park)
Year 6 - (first entrance, car park)
FRIDAY - 8.30 am - 1:00 pm
Entrance and Exit Rules:
• Parents/carers are encouraged to wear face masks.
• Parents/carers not to gather at school gates.
• When collecting parents to conform to social distancing - stand 2 metres apart. Please don’t block the path of other parents and children.
• All children to use hand gel on entrance
• Please be considerate when dropping your child off at school and do not park on the yellow lines
• Please ensure that children arrive to school on time. If your child is late they will need to walk around to the front office in order to be registered
• If a parent needs to speak to a teacher they will need to contact the office and make an appointment
• Children will be back in school uniform and regular washing routines are adequate – there is no need for children to wear a fresh uniform each day.
• To reduce the need for changing in school, children will wear their PE kit into school on the day they have PE and remain in it all day. You will be informed of your child’s PE days ready for the week beginning 6th September.
• School will provide a book bag and water bottles. Water bottles will be filled each morning.
• All lost property or items left in school will be in the Yellow lost property box by year 6 entrance. Please come at 3 pm to check before pupils are dismissed.
• Children will take reading books homes with their planners and must record reading every night.