At Somerville, our goal is to create an environment which stimulates learning and develops all aspects of a child.
Here is a list of some of the facilities which are available at Somerville Primary School:
- Somerville have access to allotments which allow children to get creative in an outdoor environment
- A range of after-school clubs available to children including, multi-sports, calligraphy, music and much more.
- A computer suite which contains 30 laptops and 32 iPads for our exciting Computing lessons
- 2 'Mobile IT Suites' - Consisting of 2 wireless enabled Lapsafes, each housing and charging 30 high performance Dell Latitude laptops.
- Each classroom has a versatile Interactive Whiteboard or a touch screen board (Promethean) which allows up to six points of contact
- Heated changing rooms for boys and girls
- School kitchens which are used daily to provide children with a fresh, healthy lunch
- Daily breakfast club which is free to attend and gives children the opportunity to socialise with others before lessons begin.
- A school library with computer controlled lending and bar-code scanner, and additional research computers.
- Two large halls with overhead projector, portable stage, large gymnastic apparatus and audio system for assemblies, P.E./Dance lessons.
- A large playground with adventure play equipment, quiet areas, seating, concrete football pitch.
- A smaller enclosed infant playground with play equipment and quiet areas.
- Two designated areas for photocopying and laminating
- A wide range of curriculum resources to support teaching and learning including, R.E and and Topic artifacts
- Access to Swimming Pool/Sports Hall/Astro Turf pitches at Small Heath or Sparkhill Leisure Centre
- A cooking suite with equipment and electric cookers