Somerville is an inclusive, caring and inspirational school providing equal opportunities for every child, staff and family at the hub of the community.
- Provide a happy, caring and safe learning environment.
- Provide equal access to a curriculum, which promotes pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Prepare children for their future role in society by developing their knowledge, skills and abilities.
To achieve these objectives we shall endeavour to:
- Be open, fair and just
- Cater for the needs of the individual as well as for those of the whole school
- Offer equality of opportunity to all
- Continually strive to improve on our previous best
- Encourage good attendance and punctuality
- Provide a warm, bright, safe and caring environment that is conducive to learning
- Work as a 'family', where each member has a role to play
- Actively seek community participation to create a partnership, which contributes to the success of our school.