13. How effective is Somerville in supporting pupils with SEND?
- The SENCO works closely with class teachers to monitor the progress and well being of pupils with special needs.
- Any concerns raised by the teacher, pupil or parent are listened to and we work hard to tackle them.
- It is important to us that SEND pupils make as much progress as their classmates even if they have a lower starting point.
- Monitoring of academic progress is done using the school's assessment system with additional specialist materials where necessary.
- Attached is the progress data for SEND pupils for the year 2016/17.